How are you? No, seriously. How are you doing?

Hi, it's Brittany checking in!

How are you? No, seriously. How are you doing? 
How are you adjusting to COVID-19 and all of it's facets? 

I still remember the first week of being home like it was yesterday. The intensity of COVID-19..."do not come back into the office," "your child is out of school until further notice," "daycare has been shut down," "you need hand sanitizer, face mask, Clorox, tissue, vitamins, meat and veggies-because we don't know the next time you can leave your home," "curfew is at...," and "we don't know if you'll be furloughed." It went from "people dying over there," to "my neighbor, coworker, and friend has tested positive for the coronavirus."  I felt like I was on a rollercoaster ride-you know, the drop and all.

The Bradley's been blessed during this pandemic, can't lie. 
We've celebrated my son's 1st birthday, 9 years of marriage, and my 30th birthday. Oh, and the Lord has truly taken care of us-from us keeping our jobs and working from home, us spending more time with our children and our children spending more time with each other, paying bills with ease, food in the fridge, still enjoying church-just from home, and the freedom and flexibility to enjoy midday strolls through our neighborhood with my little family. COVID-19 has been a blessing-I specifically remember getting our taxes and stimulus check the same week. Won't God do it?

But on the other hand, this pandemic has been emotionally draining. 
Education of the virus and social distancing rules (I guess I can call them rules)- the mental toll it's taking on us that we can't spend quality time with family, friends, and coworkers during this season, cancelled vacations, and funerals and celebrations in our own family we can't attend. Racial injustice and death of black people, politics over public health-our countries' leadership during this pandemic, and let's not forget celebrity deaths that have swept our nation during this time. Whew. 

Seeing Tamar Braxton launch a new television show, have a secure romantic relationship, and enjoy her son...to being hospitalized for both her physical and mental health was hard to watch, but I understand it through my counselor lens. This pandemic has come with many highs and lows (the many facets of COVID-19).
Back to me...
Prior to COVID-19 life moved so fast that I was enslaved to societal expectations, so much so, that I felt like I couldn't and shouldn't create my life to look like what God had shown me it was suppose to be like. 

I have personally gained a clearer vision and have a better understanding of who God wants me to be and do during this season of my life. I've done many things to close the gap between who I am and who I wish to be.

 But first, I cried, walked a lot to breathe in fresh air, lived in fear, and took many naps trying to cope with the uncertainty of the world I was living in. 

But oh to be kept by Jesus.

I'm healing during COVID-19. I'm making better lifestyle choices during COVID-19. I'm leaning into the discomfort of the instability of COVID-19. I'm being obedient to the Holy Spirit during COVID-19. 

My Mentorship Program 
I am now walking a little closer to the Lord and have made room in my life to fulfill his will. I have launched my mentorship program for girls ages 14-17. I am only one week into my four-week mentorship program, and my mind is blown. My mentorship program consist of 4 group and 4 one-on-one sessions for each cohort of ladies. We discuss mental health, self-esteem, their family unit and their individuality, and how to stay motivated to achieve their goals in life. God gave me the vision, a timeframe to launch, and here I am walking in obedience in the middle of a global pandemic. It feels good. It feels purposeful. 

I have enjoyed seeing my friends and peers close the gap in their lives as well, manifesting the visions the Lord has given them, and walk confidently in who they are called to be during this pandemic. My friends have launched video podcast, wrote books, and started businesses. I've witnessed black influencers increase their following and continue to put out great content and link valuable resources I need. I have enjoyed experiencing worship services online, working out several times a week, spending quality time with God, and being black all day long in the comfort and safety of my home. I have found joy in people being open to the discussion of racial oppression, systemic injustice, and unnecesary division. 

People are winning during COVID-19. People are struggling and stuck during COVID-19. People are fighting oppression, depression, and isolation during COVID-19.

Again, I ask...

How are you? No, seriously. How are you doing? 

(pic taken after my first mentorship group session this past week)

To learn more information about my mentorship program and to sign up a young girl who would benefit from having a mentor, send me an email! 

Brittany L Bradley 
Instragram: brittanylbradley 
Email: bradleybrittany4@gmail.com 

Comments