1) a thing that prevents someone from giving full attention to something else
2) an extreme agitation of the mind or emotions
I'm calling distraction out for what it is (Brittany Bradley's definition): A tool that interfere with one's character, used to deter your blessings.
Distraction Examples:1) Your co-worker's personal business has infiltrated the work office. As you sit and discuss their business, your boss hears YOUR comments and now doesn't see YOU as the professional they hired you to be.
It was never your business to comment on someone's personal life at work. You getting out of character and being involved in the conversation was the distraction. Now, the promotion you were set to receive was postponed due to your character being judged. Distraction will cost you something.
2) You've set a goal of not using your credit cards in 2018. An emergency comes up, and you have to use a credit card. You get in your feelings about paying off the card, and when out shopping one day, you go over your budget of $50 and put the rest on your credit card (because you have to pay on that card anyways this month-the distraction). So now you find yourself more and more comfortable using your credit card until you've reached the credit limit. Distraction will cost you something, literally.
Listen, just because an emergency comes up, does not mean you throw the whole goal away.
NEWS FLASH: Things will happen this year that will distract you from your goal, but does it really have to cost you your character? No, no it doesn't!!
2018 New Year Resolutions...how are they coming along? Have you found a reason to not commit to something you desired less than 30 days ago?
Let's go back to your goals you set. You set them because they aligned with the person you wish to become (in your marriage, finances, career, friendships, life experiences, education, devoted quiet time with God, and so on)!
When life comes at you fast in 2018:
1) Don't forget whose you are. If God is for you, no attack can win. Stay encouraged and do what you said you were going to do regardless of your current circumstances.
2) Think things all the way through, and pray about the decisions concerning the curveball you've been thrown. React to circumstances based off the instructions God has given you.
3) Get back in position, fast! This is the main reason most of us didn't conquer our 2017 goals. We set them. We tried. But we didn't know what to do once we got distracted. Reposition yourself, fast!
You're not defeated, you're distracted.
As you remove distractions, your destiny will be released.
We're graced to get through anything that comes our way in 2018!
I'm rooting for you, and we're in this together!