Your Journey Is Just That...YOUR JOURNEY!



So lets just get straight to the point.

You not moving forward to achieve your dreams is a slap in God's face. He made you creative, ambitious, talented, caring, sensitive about certain things, resilient, and fun for a reason.

That desire you keep postponing because of every reason under the sun that you've made up, is a bunch of crap...

You see, I had just about convinced myself that I wasn't going to graduate school, especially after having my daughter. Seriously, when would I have the time? Who would keep her while I was in class, and my hubby was at work? When would I be able to work full-time, study, clean the house, date my husband, and have a social life? Like, how was I going to do it all?

Through the process of getting into grad school, and not knowing the logistics of how I was going to finish my degree...I am learning from my experience that grace makes room for God's plan in your life!

I truly believe that someone is waiting for every detail of their calling to drop into their laps. No, it doesn't work like that. You have to work for it. What I mean is that you have to take a step. When you take a step, you get step number 2. Some people are waiting to have a whole five year business plan, $500,000 in the bank, and two celebrities to follow them on social media before they do the very thing God has told them to do.

We have to stop this! I also believe some of us are afraid that because our situation doesn't look like others' situation when they did this or that....that we become stuck and don't push forward at all.

Examples of things we say are:

  • I don't live in a city where people will support my dreams like they do hers. 
  • She don't have kids, that's why she's able to travel like that and I can't. 
  • She's young and has a husband, that's why she's able to do this or that! 

STOP! Just stop it! Death to comparison!!!!

I'm just here to remind you that your journey to God's plan for your life, is just that...YOUR JOURNEY! How someone else accomplished their dreams, isn't going to be your blueprint for how you will accomplish yours! Make moves IN your circumstances, and God will move you OUT of your circumstances!

Lastly, stop using time as your way out of achieving your dream. "It's too late!" "I should have went to school 5 years ago!" "I can't change jobs now, because I've invested too much time into this one!" "If I go back to school, I'll be 40 before I'm able to become a doctor."  STOP IT! The reality is, time is going to pass by with or without you. My point is, 10 years is going to pass by regardless if you work towards your dream or not. FOR ME, I want something to show for the time I'm here on this earth!

I'm really unsure who this is for, but I'm the messenger that time is going to work for you. As you start doing the very things that your heart desire, your will regain your time, your energy, and your passion!

Sis, I pray death to comparison. Realize your journey is just that, YOUR JOURNEY! You may be getting a GED after 15 years, and 2 kids, but so what--Go For It! You may be 30 but your dreams of becoming a doctor just won't leave you alone---GO FOR IT! You may not have all the connections, but go ahead and start that business. Go for it sis. Invest in yourself. You're worth it, and God is waiting on YOU!

Grace is waiting for you to start walking in your purpose, so that it can provide you with "Rams In The Bush" to get you to YOUR promised land.

I'm praying that everything that's stopping you from achieving your goals, such as blaming having multiple kids, a demanding job, no time, and comparison of how others are doing things becomes irrelevant. I pray that something shakes so much in your life, that you have no choice but to pursue the things God has for you!

This may have been difficult to process, and more confusing being that you don't have direction. But please don't wait until you know everything. Go now and start working towards your goals, because it's a blessing in pursuing the very things God has planned for you! Grace will make room for you! Grace has made room FOR ME, and I truly believe there is enough grace to carry you into and throughout your assignment!


As always, I'm rooting for you and we're in this together!

Love,
B

Comments