2022- You're Personal

Hi Friends,

This week I completed a 5 day fast. It was from Monday, November 29th to Friday, December 3rd. I only ate between the hours of 4 PM and 8 PM, so from 8:01 PM to 3:59 PM I only consumed liquids (specifically water and tea). 

The holy spirit told me on Sunday, November 28th to fast immediately. "I will tell you the expectations I have for you in 2022, so to hear from me clearly, I need you to fast immediately Brittany." I looked towards heaven and said, "okay." I knew this was the holy spirit because in December I typically complete a vision board with goals and expectations I've set for myself in the upcoming year. I realized the holy spirit wanted to write the desires of God for my life on my heart, before I put my desires on the vision board. God wanted me to translate his desires on the vision board, not just my own.

At the beginning of each hour from 9 AM- 2 PM I was instructed to stop what I was doing and pray, petition the Lord for his will, and to tell my mind, body, and soul to submit to God and align with his will for my life.

"You are enough, God." I said this over and over as I fasted Monday through Friday. Anytime I focused on the fact that I was getting hungry, I told my spirit to fight that battle and to share God's plan for my life in the new year. See fasting for me was not about "not eating," it was truly about hearing from God, intentionally and frequently petitioning God, and writing down his desires for my life in this upcoming new year. I refused to be distracted by hunger. I refuse to be distracted by anything in this new year.

"This is personal," said the Holy Spirit. "Don't expect anyone to understand. Just do as I say," said the Holy Spirit on Sunday, November 28th. I knew then, that even this fast needed to be personal and my own so I didn't tell anyone; not even my husband nor my closest friends. It was truly between me and God, like how all of 2022 will be. This next year/next season is going to be all me and God. I feel it.

God revealed the first puzzle pieces for what I will do with and for my family and friends, expectations for what I will do with the money I make, expectations for how I parent, expectations for my marriage, expectations for my career and work/life balance, expectations in how often and how courageously I will pursue my multifaceted purpose, and lastly spiritual, physical, and emotional expectations were set.

I am so full after this fast. I am very aware and in awe of God for the revelations. God told me he only gave me step one, and after my obedience in each area, he will reveal hisself more and more in all those previous named areas in my life all of 2022.

"Submit and act on the desires of your heart. I am in your desires, your thoughts, and your heart. Keep me close and stay connected to me in all of 2022 and you'll never have to question whether the ideas, feelings, and thoughts are your own or mine. I just need you to act on them, Brittany. TRUST ME enough that even if you get it wrong, I'll be there to correct you and use the mistake as a lesson." -God

So I challenge you. Before you write down any desire, any goal, or plan for 2022...please sit at the feet of God. Dedicate some time to fast in December. Fast from what you are led to fast from.

May all my desires be from God, all 2022. This is also my prayer for you.


Love you,

B

Comments

  1. Britt, as always, this was a blessing to read. I can’t wait to see what God rewards you for your obedience! Well done sis 👏🏽

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment