Life Update Blogpost!

Hi Friends, 

Just checking in! Y'all, alright? Y'all, okay?

 

Update on my life:

I've been busy with my full-time job at a large university, and my part-time job at a private practice counseling center. I've been mothering a 6 year old daughter who is maturing before my eyes being independent, and is very busy with learning daily at school. I also have been mothering a 2 year old son, who is busy saying "no" and "potty"...yet he won't use his pot, HA! I've been an attentive, intentional, and boundary setting wife, friend, and family member. I've also been decluttering my home. AKA...I've been tired. But in the best way!

Lately, I've been healthier physically. I've spent more quiet time with God, and I've intentionally been pulling away from social media and posting less to make sure that my thoughts and desires are my own, and not what I'm constantly absorbing through the lens of Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram. 

Emotionally I'm hopeful, content, and full of joy. I'm typically only a fan of spring and summer, but I've been intentional about finding the good in fall and winter. I enjoy participating in holiday events that only happens during this season. I exercise earlier during the fall because the sun isn't still beaming at 5:30 PM. I can wear colors that truly complement my skin tone such as mustard and burgundy, and wear boots that enhances my tall figure. Also, I can eat my favorite soups more (potato, tomato, and taco soups) that I enjoy so much. 

(My kiddos: William-2 and Makenna-6)

During this season of my life blessings have been running me down lately: Job security, physically safe, mentally doing well, I've enjoyed being supportive and celebrating friends, receiving tons of love from family members, people been being a blessing to my kids, and having understanding friends that pour into my life daily has been a blessing. Also, my physical health has been great lately. I recently went through a season of constant chest pains, daily fatigue, and just pure sickness that left me lying in the bed crying out to God to please help me. Testimony: My health is so much better! Oh God we thank you (in my Tabitha Brown voice)! I take D2 vitamins weekly, exercise and eat healthy most days out of the week (I've lost 19 lbs), I've started planning ahead and saying "no" a lot lately to keep my stress levels down, and I work long hours to keep my money up and to fulfill my purpose, which keeps my stress levels down. 

I mentioned earlier that I've taken on a new task of decluttering my home. I started with my daughter's bedroom and the attic. I have completely given away all of my daughter's clothes, shoes, toys, and removed all baby related items out of our home. I seriously can't believe for 6 years I've held on to all of her baby items (bed, changing table, etc). Purchasing my daughter a new "big girl" bed truly put me in the mindset to look ahead and not behind, and to create new memories not only as a mother, but concerning every area of my life. 

So I'll end with this. Look ahead friends. May your blessings, hope, and joy be better in this next season than any previous seasons. May God's blessings chase you down in what's ahead. Don't be afraid to let go, move forward, and be intentional about enjoying life today, and what will be next.

(I love my new fall mug from joymeetshome.com! Check out Jasmine's website for all decor inspiration)!

Happy Fall Friends! 

Leave me a comment about your life update! I would love to hear! 

-B

Comments