IN EVERY SEASON, I WIN!

Today (June 26, 2018), I'm celebrating my 28th birthday! I wanted to share why I'm so full of peace, content with my portion in life, and why I'm full of joy on my birthday! 

First, a lot has been going on in my life: our car needing several repairs, rental car expenses, the air conditioner leaking in our home, me not being able to go on a trip I had planned, unplanned doctor visits, and the list goes on and on.... I mean, honestly, I've shed more tears in June than I would have liked. 

And I'm not sure if this is happening to anybody else, but it's hard to pick up the phone and call friends and family right now, because it seems that EVERYONE I know are experiencing challenges too. I had a friend to tell me jokingly as we were venting to each other, "The enemy is out here thriving. It's hot and it's his season." I'm laughing now thinking of that conversation, because that was my reality. The devil seemed to be thriving in my life. 

Things were going so left field in my life, that when I had victorious moments, I couldn't celebrate them for what they were. I'm in grad school, and I passed my Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination (CPCE) to start interning in August, but I literally just sat there thinking that maybe my advisor would send another email saying, "Sorry, we sent this to the wrong person. You will need to retake the exam and your graduation date is postponed." I literally could not celebrate the good that had just happened in my life, because I was overwhelmed by all the negative that was going on, or the negative things that would continue to go wrong in my life. Like, how was I going to work full time and intern my last few semester of school? It seemed like I was going through defeat after defeat. 

The Lord said very quietly to me, "Brittany, you're in control." At this point, I was financially spread thin, stressed to the max, and couldn't see where any of my troubles would end soon. "I have control of what Lord?" I thought with an attitude and with tears flowing. "Have you thought about what's going right in your life, Brittany?"-God

I then began to say out loud what was right. I'm healthy, my husband is amazing, my daughter is intelligent, healthy, smart, and beautiful. I have a roof over my head. I have a full-time job to go to every day. I passed the CPCE exam. I am in my last year of grad school and my grades are great. I have an amazing pastor and church. My friends and family are all a phone call away. "LORD I'M BLESSED," I proclaimed night after night.  

It hit me like a ton of bricks that for the past few weeks, I have been drowned in negative thoughts, and immersed in fixing what was wrong, that I had not stopped to APPRECIATE anything that was actually going right in my life. That negative thinking wore on my mental health and physical health daily for weeks. 

I want to encourage someone today, not because all of my trying circumstances have changed (I'm still driving a rental car, money is still being spent left and right on miscellaneous/random things we need all of a sudden, the mechanics still don't know why our car shut off on us all of a sudden and started right back, and we still have a stain on our ceiling from water leaking from our air conditioner unit), but I wanted to encourage you because of the new found perspective that has brought so much peace into my life. 

As I began to think about what was positive in my life, heaviness lifted. There is a peace that I carry today that has filled me, not because anything in the physical changed, but because my mindset changed. 

I want to leave you with this: THE LAW OF ATTRACTION!

Have y'all ever heard of the Law of Attraction? It's a simple, yet life changing thought philosophy that simply states by focusing on negative or positive thoughts, people can bring negative or positive experiences into their life. 

The enemy is thriving, but my God is thriving and busier than the enemy can ever be. God is willing and ready to intervene in our circumstances. It's just one thing: Are you willing to say what's going right in your life right now? Can you, in faith, declare the positive things you wish to see right now? 

As you get ready for bed each night, say what went right that day! What happened that was good that day? What opportunity came your way that day? What did you get right that day? 

And because I have perfected saying what is right and have been speaking in faith over my life, I can celebrate my birthday in total peace, joy, and contentment TODAY. 

When you open your mouth and say what's going right in the natural, and declare what you wish to see in faith, POSITIVE THINGS WILL FIND YOU! I'm a living witness, because opportunities have presented themselves just these past few days as I've focused on what's right. 

And if nothing else goes right today, I'm grateful that what is great is that the Lord woke me up on my birthday! I'm grateful that God is still faithful, that God is still good, and that God loves me!

(Thank you to my hubby for riding the waves of life with me, declaring good over my life, praying for me, and always being there! I love you JB!) 

To JB, my daughter, to my friends, my family, and social media/blogger friends, THANK YOU for being apart of making this day right for me! I love you! 

Cheers to attracting all things positive in your life as well! 

"IN EVERY SEASON, I WIN!"
-Brittany Bradley 

Comments