When God's Grace Is On You

Grace- UNMERITED (not adequately earned or deserved) DIVINE (directly from God) ASSISTANCE (help supplied).

Grace simply means, not earned or deserved help from God. 

Brittany, how are you working full time, in school full time, giving your husband attention, being an attentive mother, cooking, working out (ha!), keeping your bank account out of the negative, spending time with your friends, and keeping your house together (Lord, HELP!)? I get this question so much. My response every single time is, "I'm graced for this season of my life." 

It's a lot. I get tired, but grace carries me day to day, week to week, month to month, and year to year. Literally, some days grace carries me from moment to moment. See, I have learned to surrender to God's plan for my life. That plan is laced in grace. I'm a living witness. 

But let me tell you a little secret about grace. Grace manifest itself fully in the areas that God has assigned you to. 

Maybe, you didn't catch that. I'm going to say it one more time. 

GOD'S GRACE IS ABUNDANT IN THE AREAS OF YOUR LIFE THAT GOD HAS ASSIGNED YOU TO...not so much in the areas of life you put yourself in. 

How grace cover's me in this season of my life:
  • I had 4 discussion post due by 7 AM, but I needed to cook and keep JoJo entertained until JB got off work. I ended up not getting school work done that evening from sheer exhaustion, but I woke up full of energy at 2 AM and completed my assignments. God’s grace was sufficient!
  • It had been a week (or more, let’s be real) since I had enjoyed quality time with my hubby. I could sense that it was wearing on him and me too, but JoJo was bouncing off the wall that evening with no signs of sleep in her near future. A nice warm bath for her, a bed time story later, and she was out. God’s grace was sufficient!
  • It was messages in my email inbox I had not opened, and I had not responded to any of my friend’s text messages. That day, during my lunch break, I had a full hour of uninterrupted leisure time, so I responded and checked on friends. God’s grace was sufficient! 
  • I needed to clean everything. I mean, everything was out of order in my home. From, nevermind…ya’ll get it. Naw, I’ll be real…from over 5 loads of clothes needing to be washed, 3 bathrooms needing to be cleaned, 3 rooms needing to be straightened up, and the kitchen needing Jesus to come clean it himself, along with the wall scents needing to be replaced…I just could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. But THIS day, while JB was at work, JoJo watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for 3 hours straight, with occasional breaks using the potty, while I cleaned. My Lord in here! God’s grace was sufficient!
  • My attitude was on level, “not today.” I had not sat at the feet of Jesus in a while, praying or reading the word. But early one morning, with no reason to be up, but because I couldn’t fall back asleep I decided to spend time with God. I mean, the best couple of hours of my life. The weight of life immediately seemed lifted because my focus had shifted on the problem solver, instead of my problems. That day, I was a better person because of my time with God, and I’m glad he wouldn’t let me fall back asleep. He knew I needed him, and for that I’m thankful! God’s grace was sufficient!
Your assignments from God are laced in graced. 

As you live out his will, he will keep giving you the ability and abundance of whatever you need to accomplish each task. However, being outside the will of God will have you another type of stressed out. There will be no light at the end of the tunnel, and you will feel like you're going around the same mountain...over and over again. Getting no where.

The truth is...being outside the will of God doesn't get you anywhere.

So sis, I invite you to live in God's will, because his grace is abundant OVER THERE! You know those very desires that you can not shake from your mind? Start showing God that you are available to him, and watch him work everything out as your pursue his will.

You're graced for this season of your life sis, and we're in this together!

Love,
B

Comments